Welcome to my
online journal...

My name is Alexander Gordon Smith, and I'm the author of various books including The Inventors series and the brand new Furnace series.

This is my blog, and is where I talk about books, writing and, well, probably other stuff too...

Don't Shoot 1!


The year's off to a good start! One of my new year's resolutions was to finally get round to doing some DIY so I have spent the last couple of days stripping wallpaper in the hall. Yes, yes, I know, writing children's books really is the new rock and roll! I also managed to sort out all of my paperwork yesterday which felt great. Instead of forming one immense pile it's now divided into much more manageable smaller piles. Could my life get any more exciting?!

We were hoping to take a publicity shot for the film today (for those who haven't read previous entries, we are making a horror film next year) but we ran into a little problem. Basically the photograph was supposed to show a woman in a blood-stained wedding dress standing by a lake holding a machete. Yes, a machete. Kate wisely thought it was a good idea to call the police and explain what we were doing, and it was just as well she did as they told her that if we had gone ahead and done it, and somebody had reported us, they would have 'sent out an armed response unit and you would all have been tasered'. They did find it quite amusing, and I thought it would have been a good publicity stunt, but Kate didn't fancy 50,000 volts and so we've had to postpone it till next week.

It was a great move contacting the police, especially considering what happens in the film! If they would send out an armed response team for a machete then what would they do come summer when we are running round the broads with fake shotguns and everything?! Come to think of it, I'm surprised they didn't turn up the other day when I was jumping up and down on a fake-blood covered wedding dress in the garden in an attempt to make it look muddy... At least the police know who we are now, and they were very supportive.

Anyway, I'm off to do more stripping... wallpaper, that is. I should be starting a new book, but there's something so satisfying about peeling long strips of paper from the walls. I'll be back soon, unless I get tasered, of course...

0 comments:

© Copyright 2010 Alexander Gordon Smith
Creative, bespoke website and blog design by Graphic Alchemy