Welcome to my
online journal...

My name is Alexander Gordon Smith, and I'm the author of various books including The Inventors series and the brand new Furnace series.

This is my blog, and is where I talk about books, writing and, well, probably other stuff too...

WOW!!!

Wes, my editor in the States, has just sent over the cover treatment for their edition of Furnace: Lockdown (Escape From Furnace: Lockdown over in the US). How cool is this!!! It's totally different to anything I was expecting, but it's utterly eye-catching and chilling and unique, and just brilliant. I love it!

Let me know what you think...



Anyway, loads been happening, I'll blog again soon!

5 comments:

Tez Miller said...

In all honesty, I prefer the UK art, because it has all the elements - Alex, the Wheezers, and the nasty dogs...Ach, my brain is screwed; can't remember what they're called. Still, at least the US publication means our American peeps have easier access to the series, and that's the most important bit ;-)

20 June 2009 at 03:47  

I love it!! I think this might be my favourite... Very, very different from anything I've seen. :)

20 June 2009 at 13:49  
Tracy said...

Great cover. I think both UK and US covers are great.

27 June 2009 at 04:00  

Thanks for your feedback everybody!

I do love this cover, and I love the UK ones too – and most of all I love the fact that they're so different from each other!

28 June 2009 at 03:19  

Hi Gordon. I think I prefer this one but that's possibly the result of a Scandinavian designer's brain damaged taste for sleek and simple stuff. Tez has a point though...

Just wanted to say good luck/congratulations for today's big launch... Looking forward to reading it. (And all you C.W. Hewett fans too!!)

Cheers!

2 July 2009 at 11:58  
© Copyright 2010 Alexander Gordon Smith
Creative, bespoke website and blog design by Graphic Alchemy