Welcome to my
online journal...

My name is Alexander Gordon Smith, and I'm the author of various books including The Inventors series and the brand new Furnace series.

This is my blog, and is where I talk about books, writing and, well, probably other stuff too...

Happy Birthday Mike!

He turns 50 today!!! I do quite like having a friend who's old enough to be my dad, it makes me feel better whenever I start worrying about the fact I'm 30... I popped out to join him for a drink at the Adam and Eve, which is the oldest pub in Norwich. I brought my Uncle Frank with me too, which was great as he lives in Aberdeen and we hardly ever see each other, or even speak to each other, let alone go out for a drink with each other. It was great being able to have a good chat with him about writing and life, especially as he's one of the main reasons I wanted to be an author. He once wrote a series of stories about a dragon called Whispy, who couldn't blow fire, and I'll never forget reading them as a kid and realising that these stories hadn't just magically appeared in books, they had been written by somebody I know, and if my uncle could write stories, then I could too! Not to mention they were brilliant. Go on, Frank, write some more!

0 comments:

© Copyright 2010 Alexander Gordon Smith
Creative, bespoke website and blog design by Graphic Alchemy