Welcome to my
online journal...

My name is Alexander Gordon Smith, and I'm the author of various books including The Inventors series and the brand new Furnace series.

This is my blog, and is where I talk about books, writing and, well, probably other stuff too...

Even even more cover news!

This isn't the final cover for Furnace: Execution, but it's almost there. I love it, what does everybody think?

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering what 'Furnace: Execution' is, it's the new name for the fifth and final book the series. It was originally due to be called 'Furnace: The Crimson Mile', which was a nod to one of my favourite writers, but I thought 'Execution' was scarier, clearer, and more in keeping with the rest of the series!

Good title? Bad title? Let me know!

7 comments:

My favorite of the UK covers.

Steven

23 June 2010 at 10:55  
simmone said...

great title! very final ...(surely there's no coming back from that?!) Great to meet you the other day - could you email me your email address to simmonehowell@hotmail.com and I'll send you some hard-hitting questions to answer at your leisure!
simmone

23 June 2010 at 14:21  
Anonymous said...

Love the title and the cover...nice one!

23 June 2010 at 20:18  
Tez Miller said...

Me likey! The title's great, too. But if someone doesn't get executed in that novel, I'll declare false-titling ;-)

23 June 2010 at 20:28  

Thanks Simmone, it was great to meet you too, I hope your events went really well! My email address is mail@alexandergordonsmith.com, I'll send it to you in an email as well. Looking forward to the questions :-)

Thanks Cristy, glad you like it! I hope all is going well with your books!

Thanks Tez, I imagine that at some point somebody will be executed, it is a Furnace book after all! I'll make sure it's as gruesome an execution as I can get away with!

24 June 2010 at 02:33  
Unknown said...

amazing cover and title should keep that the cover i seen u in elgin at the gtba i was from torry academy anyway tell me youemail so i can ask you some questions thanks

28 December 2010 at 19:59  
© Copyright 2010 Alexander Gordon Smith
Creative, bespoke website and blog design by Graphic Alchemy