Welcome to my
online journal...

My name is Alexander Gordon Smith, and I'm the author of various books including The Inventors series and the brand new Furnace series.

This is my blog, and is where I talk about books, writing and, well, probably other stuff too...

Cover News! (Again!)


The brand new cover for Death Sentence has just been sent to me, and I love it! Okay it's certainly not as creepy as the original (posted below), but I do agree that it will appeal more to teenage readers, plus it definitely catches the dark, action-packed tone of the novel and it won't give me so many nightmares by being on my shelf!

What is everyone's verdict? Veiny Alex or scary warden?



Also FSG, my publisher in the States, have just sent through this awesome advert showing all the covers together. I like!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Veiny Alex For sure :) Make that the cover of death sentence for US Please. By the way when is death sentece and the other series gonna be released I want them all in the US Right NOW!!! :)

12 October 2010 at 11:41  
Anonymous said...

I agree VV I like Veiny alex

12 October 2010 at 11:46  
Anonymous said...

I like the first one with alex!!! he look beast in that cover

6 November 2010 at 12:25  

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like Veiny Alex, I do too! :-) That's definitely the cover now, which is awesome!

As far as I know, Death Sentence will be out in the States next summer. I'll let you know the actual release date as soon as I hear!

Thanks,

Gordon
(Alexander Gordon Smith)

29 December 2010 at 09:35  
© Copyright 2010 Alexander Gordon Smith
Creative, bespoke website and blog design by Graphic Alchemy