Welcome to my
online journal...

My name is Alexander Gordon Smith, and I'm the author of various books including The Inventors series and the brand new Furnace series.

This is my blog, and is where I talk about books, writing and, well, probably other stuff too...

30?! Argh!

Of course the most important birthday in the month of February is obviously mine, although I was a bit nervous about it this year because I turned 30! It's a huge milestone, but to be honest I've been looking forward to it because I was a bit bored of being in my twenties. I feel like I've been a twenty-something for AGES!

I've had a lovely day, mainly just chilling out. Lynsey came over in the day and I unwrapped some pressies, including an awesome game for the PS3 which had all the old games I played as a kid on my Megadrive (including Streets of Rage and Golden Axe, soooooo cool)! Then after school we all went round to Mum's for some macaroni cheese. Home-made macaroni cheese, of course, with bits of bacon in. Heaven! Mum had made a huge cake, and Lynsey and Lucy also made me 30 little cupcakes, so I guess the diet will start tomorrow...

After that we all came back to mine and watched War of the Worlds. Then, after everybody had gone, I watched Grand Designs and went to bed. Rock and Roll!

I got some more brilliant pressies, though. Lucy bought me this awesome Dalek Sek voice changing mask, which is horrible but in a really cool way. Jamie got me the new Silent Hill game, which I have been looking forward to for so long. I got some beautiful artwork from Dad and Sophie, and quite possibly the coolest fountain pen in the world from mum. It's red and gold, but the red looks like an ocean of blood, prefect for writing horror books!

Thank you everyone for making my birthday so special!

2 comments:

First time reading this blog thanks for sharing.

13 March 2022 at 16:17  
© Copyright 2010 Alexander Gordon Smith
Creative, bespoke website and blog design by Graphic Alchemy